Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Funny Farm

Well I think it is about time for a Stella update. She went home to the farm for Memorial Day weekend and has not been back to my house since (well she visited twice). She loves spending time with Tracy and Lucas since they are now out of school. Mindy and Jessie are taking turns out at the farm now and Tracy and Lucas are even helping with mom’s bag changes and such. That is a bitter sweet thing for me. I loved having mom her under my watchful eye. And I knew she was being fed and all of that stuff. I mean I know that she is getting fed at the farm but…well I guess it is the oldest child syndrome, where I feel I need to control the situation and now I am not in control. But I will get over that...I hope. Anyway, the Wiechman’s are getting back to a normal routine and my house has been cleaned like it needed so desperately. I am ashamed to say that it has been neglected since March when our lives got flipped upside down. But my yard is coming together as well as the inside.

I know that I have said it before, but I am so grateful for everything that I have in my life. I am thankful that I have had these last few months with mom and that god didn’t take her when they thought or that she was never taken by something more abrupt. I am so thankful for the wonderful man that I married, not many men would have let their mother-in-law move in and take over the house. I am thankful that mom was around for those precious moments with Gavin that I will never forget. I am thankful that I have a wonderful stepdaughter that gave up her room for her grandma to have. Hospice people are wonderful! I don’t regret ever picking Asera Care they have been absolutely amazing, even now that she has switched to the farm, they never complained about running out to Milford. I am grateful for the friends that I have, new and old. I will never forget the quick words of wisdom, comfort, and advice. I appreciate all of the meals that have been sent. The prayers: keep them coming. This time is so precious and this is what Tracy and Lucas will remember. And Gavin will always hear “Stella Stories”; I have shared them with half of Platte, Lancaster and Cumming counties, so I am sure they will continue to spread.

I must be feeling all girlie cause this is a very girlie emotional update. Sorry, but that’s the way I blog.

3 comments:

The Preister's said...

Gina - it is so wonderful to read your post today! You have written from the heart and, as your friend, that is good to see. When life happens it is hard to keep friendships up - although I know ours will always be strong I miss knowing how YOU feel!

You are so strong to think about only the good, you are and will continue to be an inspiration to all...most of all you are raising your kids and your siblings to remember the good in all things.

Prayers never cease for you or your family - only getting strong each day I am certain!

We love you and can't wait to see you again soon!! Hugs all around! I am glad everyone at the farm will get to enjoy some special one-on-one time with Stella...we all need that special time with our moms every now and then!!

Anonymous said...

Gina-Thank you for the update. You made me cry. Think of you often and miss you tons!! Jodi

Anonymous said...

Gina and family, we continue to pray for all of you and think of you often. We are grateful for those who bring you food and help out since we are too far away. We are so glad Stella is on the farm for awhile. May God send all of you the extra strength you need. Love, the Clearys. (give Gavin a hug for us)