Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,
As I write this I have many emotions, thoughts words and feelings that I want to share. I have been in a bad mood or something these last few weeks. While I had a wonderful time at the reunion this last weekend it was bittersweet fun. You see when mom came to live with me March 17th, 2008 (after she was given the 2-5 months survival diagnosis) she had 3 ‘goals’ if you will, for her to make it to.

1) Mini-family reunion June 2008-
2) Gavin’s 1st Birthday-
3) The birth of Jessie’s baby-

The reunion has passed, Gavin will be 1 next Wednesday and Jessie went into premature labor last week (they were able to stop it) and is on bed rest. The doctors will probably let her have the baby when she goes in to labor again. Baby wasn’t due until August 9th. So as I see this list dwindling down I am sad. Mom’s tummy is growing harder and harder with tumors, she is throwing up and I don’t know what to do or how to act. People keep thinking there words help…but the truth is no words help…

4 comments:

AndreaChad said...

Praying for you to have the courage to face each day and the things you deal with. Praying for Brian that he continues to be your rock. Praying for Gavin and all the other unborn grandchildren yet to be in your family that you and your siblings can pass on the great legacy of Stella. Praying for your siblingS as they too are in the midst of losing a wonderful mother. Praying for Stella that she continues to live each day as it comes and that her pain is minimal right through the end. Praying for Dan as he faces the future without his Stella and that he has the courage to be a great father to all of you children. You know that Our Father in Heaven has a plan for everyone and only He knows what is in store for the future. (((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina...How I wished I could come give you a big hug and make things better for you, but just know that friendships are forever and I am here for you and thinking of you and your family through out all of this. Love you and miss you lots.....Jodi

The Preister's said...

I can't even find the words to say Gina. Just know that I am here praying for you and your entire family. What a rollercoaster life has been the last 365 days. I am thankful for all the great memories you were able to make.

Anything you need, please let me know.

Brenda, Chad, and Charli

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Gena!! Life is so hard to take sometimes and it seems so unfair. I pray for you and your family as you face the future......... Gavin is such a cute boy and it looks like you have such a nice family. Faith, love, and memories will keep you strong.......Sandra Borg