Friday, October 17, 2008

Mom-I miss you

Hello All-

It has been hard since mom died. People say that it gets easier as time passes, but I am not sure that is true. We have all been trying to move on as that is what mom would want us to do. Though she still couldn't imagine us doing that without her, and it is truly difficult. I find myself desiring the family connection so terribly. But it feels like we are worlds apart. Mom held us all together, she was the glue. I do so miss calling her up and having our little chats about nothing. I am not so good lately with the blog...now that fall and winter are ahead there will be less outside things to do so I might be better at the pictures and blogging. Phone calls are hard too...I hope I can be my cheerful self again sometime soon.

Tracy will turn 13 on Sunday. Mom wanted to be here for all of the things that Tracy has yet to experience...Please pray for her and Lucas to continue through this struggle.

Dan is...well being Dan and a man, so you can imagine how he is doing.

Also The Dancer Family has started a blog http://jmjjdancer.blogspot.com I encourage to all to follow them as you have followed us.

So I will close with 2 common phrases that are echoed by many families across the world. "It is not fair" and "CANCER SUCKS!"

5 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Gina,
After reading your blog today I just wanted to get in my van and come give you a hug but that would take 10hrs. So I will just say I have no idea what you are going through but I will be praying extra hard for you and the others. Tell Tracy Happy b-day and that it is just nuts how old she is already. It is hard to believe that Lucas & Cameron will soon be 12. Cameron still tells people how he was 1 day from being the new year baby and that I babysat for the boy that was. Hang in there and I will be praying. LOVE YA!!! Kim

The Preister's said...

Cancer does suck...and it isn't fair Gina. You shouldn't have to feel the way you do - and I am sorry for that.

Stella knew what she was doing when she groomed you into becoming the 'new' glue for the family. Just remember that all the great things that make up you, are all pieces of her for you to continue to share with the world!

love you and miss you!!
brenda

Vinton and Jodi Johnson said...

Gina,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately and wanting so badly to give you a hug. Hang in there "Turkey"! You know that things are in Gods hands right now and he will guide you and your family in the right direction. Stay strong...Love you, Jodi

AndreaChad said...

Gina I have been thinking about you a lot this last week. My pastor's mother-in-law passed away last week and pastor's wife is 50 some years old and is struggling so much with this loss. No matter how old or young or how much of a good life she has lived in the end she is still your mother and it sucks that she is gone. Know that I think about you and pray for your family often. Hope that you have a good day and can remember a great Stella story to get a smile on your face! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I know it's hard to imagine that it will ever be easier, because right now it sucks so much. It never really goes away, but after awhile I think it gets easier. That is not to say that occasionally you won't have those blindingly painful moments when it all comes rushing back, but the bad days slowly start to get fewer and farther between. Holidays are always hard though. Thinking of you and all the family.
-Kara