Monday, December 1, 2008

Be thankful for 'NO"

Well I never thought I would love Gavin more, but it happens everyday! He is a talker, and I have no idea where he got that from :) Of course his favorite word is NO. He also says pizza, outside, mommy, daddy, puppy and he so loves his Mickey Mouse, but he calls him Meeska (If you have ever seen Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, you will know what I am talking about). he even says Brittany, but it comes out more like Nittny. He is so vocal and opinionated that I am wondering if I will be in trouble soon. Maybe a mini me...but I am thankful that he is a talker even though I'd rather him say yes once or twice.

Thanksgiving went well. It was of course different and a little difficult. All of us kids went 'home' (minus Mindy who is back safely in NY) and had a nice afternoon with everyone. We played our usual game of Scrabble, we had to pull out a dictionary though, mom was usually our dictionary, and of course the only one we could find was from 1912. Pretty nice time though. We got to steal Tracy for the weekend so that I could do some Black Friday shopping. I didn't have anything worth trampling anyone down for, but it was nice to shop with out kids. I set up my tree Friday afternoon. Then on Saturday we headed to Omaha for a little shopping and Tracy had fun with Brian's nieces Kayla and Amy.

My house has been under some construction for over a week now. I am getting new windows and siding on the house and garage. Its not much but Brian and I can feel the difference in heating our house!! I was able to get myself a bay window in the living room, I have wanted one my whole life. I always dreamed of my house having a bay window, wood floors and a big yard with a weeping willow tree in it. So now all I need is the weeping willow.

I have some pictures of the bay window, but I will wait until my house is finished and grab some photos of the siding job too.

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season with Friends, Family and Faith.

3 comments:

AndreaChad said...

Gina, I am glad to hear that your family got to spend some time together on Thanksgiving. I'm impressed that people still own dictionaries...we use google! HA! How exciting that Gavin is talking so much and I love that he says pizza. I can't wait to see pics of your house with your new windows and siding...I'm jealous of this! Thanks for sharing your great adventures of your family...you always have funny stories to tell!

The Schweitzer Family said...

Awww this makes me miss him soo much! I hate this stage when he cant quite remember me so he gets all shy!! I'm just to stinking busy! Me and Dan thought we would get to lincoln to see ur house this weekend, but then I got called into work today! :( Give Gavin a big wet kiss from his aunt Jessie Love ya

The Preister's said...

I am glad you enjoyed the holiday with your family. I have never been good at scrabble, I think so many words (that aren't words) are words!!

How fun that you got to do some shopping Friday, I have never gone!

hope to talk soon!
xoxo