Monday, March 22, 2010

Wow-

A much needed update. Were to begin...the end of February I took Breckin to the doctor for a stuffy cold/cough/congestion thing. He had that for 3-4 weeks and every time I called they said 'he is too little, there isn't much we can do." Well I took him in on Friday 2/26/10 and they said he had Bronchiolitis/RSV. I was shocked. They decided to give him a nebulizer treatment and send us home with a machine and prescriptions for the neb's, and of course some antibiotic as he had an ear infection on top of it. Well, after the in office neb treatment, his stats dropped, his pulse-ox was not good and they put him on oxygen and called us an ambulance. We headed to St. E's for the night and Breckin was luckily weened off the oxygen after 3 hours. I guess RSV has been terrible this year, we were actually put on the Critical care floor because the pediatric floors were full. But he got excellent care, they don't get many babies up there (thank goodness). But now we have been doing the treatments at home and are now off of them. Breckin is 6 months old and had his check up last week. He is only 15 lbs, which is the 9%, but they didn't seem worried as since his visit to the hospital his appetite has been a little off. But his good news is he is now eating cereal!! He really likes it and I am sure will be packing on the 'chub' as soon as he can. We get to start veggies tonight :)

Gavin is doing really well too. He was so excited to go for walks last week! The ground is still to wet to play in the backyard, but we will be as soon as possible. Brittany is doing awesome. She loves high school, student council and choir. She will be 16 this summer, believe it or not. She has been talking about getting a summer job. I hope it doesn't hurt our weekends with her, Gavin and Breckin would be very sad, as well as Brian and I would miss having her. Brian really likes working at Kidwell. It has been more physical than sales, but he really enjoys learning new things and hopes to start classes late summer/early fall. I am just living life. Enjoying my family and trying not to worry. That is a big thing, I am a worrier. I know it will all work out fine. Hope life is treating you all well in Blog-Land. Until next time! If I can I will post some pictures later this week.

1 comment:

AndreaChad said...

Gina, I am glad that Breckin is feeling better now. How awful! Once you get a swing set in your yard you HAVE to go out everyday to play or you will probably have a grumpy kiddo! HA! Glad to see that things are looking up for your family. Let us know if you need a break from the city and we would love to have you out here for a visit!