Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 2009 bitter and sweet. Gavin and Brian treated me good all weekend! Gavin woke up Sunday morning and handed me a card he made and painted with his 'pingers'. Such a cutie! My sister Mindy emailed this picture yesterday. It was taken last Mother's Day. It is a wonderful memory, we played Scrabble and Mindy reminded us that she won, but remembered that Mom had her own (made up) couple of rules that helped her win! :) Went to visit mom's grave yesterday. It was very peaceful out there. I still wake up sometimes and can't believe she is gone.

Jessie, Mindy, Max, Mom and Gina
5/11/08

3 comments:

Vinton and Jodi Johnson said...

I'm happy that you had a great mother's day!

The Preister's said...

Gina I am so sorry that you have to spend any day without your mother. I am so very sorry you have to celebrate mother's day without your mother. Mother's Day, to me, is a day to remember and celebrate what our mother means to us...and what we are because of them. I know you did this with Stella's spirit right with you the entire time. I can not imagine how difficult it is to "celebrate" these firsts without her, but I know you have so many fond memories to get you through...Stella you will be forever missed. xoxo

The Dancer's said...

She was with you Gina...and she will always be there! She loved you all so much and everyone else around her. I think about her all the time and I want her back, but God has this thing all planned out for us and even though she isn't here celebrating every moment she is in our hearts and minds helping us have a better time. Don't forget she didn't want you to be sad...I love you Gina. You are very strong and a great mother, don't ever let anyone tell you different. Love, Jamie Lynn