Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sleep? What's that?

Sleep...I can remember the days when I could sleep till noon. To any parent though you know that is a thing of the past. Now I just am lucky to not be awoke every 2-3 hours. Gavin has had a rough few nights of sleep lately. He will sleep in his bed for the 1st quarter, but has a hard time after that staying asleep. We swaddle, rock and play music for some white noise. And nothing seems to get him into a consistant pattern. If there are any suggestions (besides rice cereal...mom) I would be glad to hear it. He seems to have a cold to so maybe it all will pass. Then he smiles, and that smile melts away some of the sleepiness (until I get to work). I have some new pictures that I will post later so check back.

Pardon my rambling, I am tired :)
Gina

5 comments:

The Preister's said...

{[hugs]}

I hope Gavin sleeps all night tonight, and always! One day he will and it will scare the crap out of you!

can't wait to see more pictures!

AndreaChad said...

Yeah...I am SO, SO glad that you have a website for Gavin! I feel so bad b/c I know so much about Charli and not much about Gavin, but now I will! Good luck with the sleep! Around 6 weeks old we put a humidifier in Calla's room that we turn on when it is time to sleep and that seems to work for her...I know all babies are different though!

The Preister's said...

PS - it wasn't a waterbottle it was a "rice" pack, like what you can pop in the microwave for your neck.

how was last night?

Anonymous said...

Gina, what a darling little boy.........and he is only two days younger than my grandson in Michigan. You sound like a good Mommy..........and I know you are.
I know those wake up calls in the night are not much fun.......but sooner or "later" they grow out of them.
Sing him some songs and your beautiful voice will put him back to sleep........your voice is great!!

Sandra Borg

AndreaChad said...

Happy 3 month birthday Gavin!!!