Friday, March 28, 2008

Looking back and then forward again

Well, today is my last day at Seward Motor Freight. While I am excited to be leaving, part of me is sad to leave all the wonderful people that I work with. I got engaged, married and had my first baby here. These people have really watched me grow and grown with me. I would like to think that I taught them a thing or two, being the young chick around here, but I will never know.

Tomorrow we will be taking Mom out to her farm. She hasn't been there since March 3rd. And who knows what has happened to it in the 26 days of her absence. The kids and Dan have been staying there but they have been in Lincoln quite a bit too...We are also getting some things set up for mom and the kids. Signing her up for disability and things like that. It takes time and I hope that time is something that we have.

Stella is having good days and if you didn't know her diagnosis, by looking at her you wouldn't know that she has terminal cancer. But she has always been graceful about these things. We are thankful for your continued prayers and amazing support. We have wonderful friends and incredible family. I guess all of those people who gave me a hard time about being from a big family didn't know that God had a plan for that big family to come together like they have and continue to do.

Thank you and blessing sent to all of your families from ours.

5 comments:

AndreaChad said...

Continuing to pray for your family! Glad to hear that Stella gets to visit the farm. Good luck in your new adventure in life! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Things sound like they are going okay for you now Gina. I am sure you will miss your job but you will never regret time spent with the family. I will keep you in my prayers........you are a strong young lady.
Sandra Borg

The Preister's said...

Gina, I am glad you are able to take your mom to the farm...what a fun day it will be, I hope it can feel "normal" for you. The "NEW" normal, right?! I have grown to *hate* that word, normal?!!

God has given you the exact and perfect family that you need now and always Gina - you are so right!

LOVE YOU!

Busy Mom said...

HELLO Gina,
I am so excited to find this. I do think you kids quit often and here I found you. I hope you remember me Kim Stauffer you are to little to be married and have a child. So SORRY to here about your mom. I would love to catch up with you since I watched you kids and Lucas was born 1 day before my first your mom and I were at the hospital together. Just to make sure you remember who I am. I am Jackie McCullough. My email address is jaredkim@hotmail.com let your mom know I will be praying for her. I also have a blog page and it is kimmerjo.blogspot.com hope to get in touch. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.