Monday, August 18, 2008

One day at a time

Well, all of our family is headed back to their homes and things are settling down. There is still so much to do. I am back at work today. I thought I needed to get back to 'normal' whatever that is. Thank you so much to all who were able to make it to mom's funeral. They said that over 350 people attended the service. We are so touched that many people loved Stella like we did. And to those who weren't there Thank you for all your kind words, Stella stories, thoughts and prayers, they are much needed and appreciated.

That is all for now. Please check back as things will get happier, one of the last things that were coherent that my mom said to me was 'keep your humor'. And I intend to honor that.

Another thing that mom said is that I chose well, 'you made good choices.' She has thought so much of my husband. I am so thankful that he and I were matched together, whatever the age difference. Thank you Brian for hanging in there with me this week, the road will be long but with you I can do anything!

I love you all!

4 comments:

AndreaChad said...

Gina,
The service was beautiful and did send Stella to Heaven in style. Please let me know if I can do anything. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I wish I could have made it. I was thinking of you all day. Love ya, Jodi

The Preister's said...

You two are a great match, God knew his plan from the start!

The service was breathtaking. I am honored to have been apart of her service. You and your family honored her.

thinking of you each day!
xoxo

AndreaChad said...

Thinking of you today.