Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day weekend, group and random thoughts

Finally a 3 day weekend! I am excited to have Monday off and as of right now, nothing planned! That may seem silly but we have been go, go going for a while now. With that being said we have weekend plans for the State Fair! Brian and I will have Tracy and Lucas this weekend as Dan is taking his 1st and last motorcycle trip of the year this weekend. Some of his buddies want to take him to Perry Lake in Kansas for a little time away. I don't think that is a bad idea considering all that we have been through so far this year. T & L are excited, I don't think they have ever been to the NE state fair.

Tonight we have a transitional meeting with the Hearts of Hope group in Lincoln. It was for families of ill loved ones. And tonight they invited us to dinner, then we will make a stepping stone for the memorial garden and end with a balloon release symbolizing a farewell from one group to the next. Dan and the kids and Jessie and our boys are planning on coming so it might be a nice experience.

As far as other things we haven't done to much. I had to clean out my moms office last Wednesday. Mom's boss Dr. Kohl called her a few weeks before she passed and said he was swamped and needed to advertise her position and she completely understood. So they needed me to do it soon, I am sure they replaced her but no one said that for sure to me. I just put the stuff in boxes I didn't have the heart to 'go through' it yet, and my sisters want to do that together. I got in my car and cried lightly as I came back to work. I didn't realize how many of the little trinkets that I gave her she would still have and on display even. I have been working on getting the kids and Dan some health insurance, oh my, expensive. I don't know Dan is going to decide but, COBRA is ridiculous!

I am starting to fill out insurance papers start that whole process. Everything is so surreal. it asks questions like, deceased name, birthday...etc. I still can't believe that she is gone. Gavin has had terrible loose stools with these molars that are coming in and Balmex, A&D and Butt Paste are not working like they normally do and I so just feel like I should pick up the phone and get one of mom's hints on what to do. I miss her, please pray.

3 comments:

The Preister's said...

oh Gina, I am sure it will feel even more real when you need that "motherly advise" that you need her for. Pray to her for guidence and she will find a way to get the answers to you. In the meantime I know my mom would love to help you all she can :-) She has always loved you!!!

Enjoy the fair, we aren't going to make it, I am bummed - but I guess that is how it goes. Maybe next year?!

hope G is feeling better soon, God knows you all deserve a little "easy" in your life right about now.

huggs.
brenda

Vinton and Jodi Johnson said...

I know this sounds crazy, but try corn starch...it drys out the rash. It worked wonders on Carter. Just a tablespoon a diaper change. I put the cream and corn starch on and it cleared up in a day or two. Hang in there. I'm glad you are getting away this weekend. Good luck with the insurance.

AndreaChad said...

Gina,
I was thinking of you this morning. I pray that you are finding some happy days in this time of sorrow. I think about you often.
I love you. Andrea